- We need one presence in sharepoint. All modules under our influence should have pages used predominantly as file stores linking from it.
- Maximise our footfall by advertising learing opportunities to the students via bulk e-mail.
- By the time the students are in their third year, it is too late, they have preferred ways of working - we need to get in in the 1st year, like the BEng group this am.
- Wouldn't it be great if our 'home' could become a nationally known centre of online excellence, visited by students across the world?
- Can we define sucess by posting? How valuable is lurking? Myers Briggs -Introvert and Extrovert. Do students always want lecturers 'looking over their shoulders?
- Use RSS to increase footfall on the site. can we creat RSS of discussions on sites across the faculty?
- Page look size and feel is vital and should be consistent. Removes a block to learning and access.
- We should use Sharepoint as a team to keep all policies, documentation, development planning in one place.
Tuesday, 10 June 2008
Key Learning so far.
Posted by petethecheapskate at 22:50