- Edu Radio - brings in PHSE, Citizenship.
- MFL lessons - enlist foreign language speakers to record sentences etc - vodcasts of common scenarios.talking books
- History - oral histories, re-enactments of historical events.
- Geography - guided pod-tours of localities, talking postcards
- Art - record pod-tours of displays of art in school, talking postcards, chatter box
- SEN - talktime pens
Digital photography, sound recording for stimulus and installation, poetry writing,
to use a variety of methods and approaches to communicate observations, ideas and feelings in an installation (http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/schemes2/art/art6c/?view=get, no date)
1c) collect visual and other information [for example, images, materials] to help them develop their ideas, including using a sketchbook.
2c) use a variety of methods and approaches to communicate observations, ideas and feelings, and to design and make images and artefacts.
5c) using a range of materials and processes, including ICT [for example, painting, collage, print making, digital media, textiles, sculpture] DfEE (1999a p 121)
NC Art Level descriptors
Level 4: They use their knowledge and understanding of materials and processes to communicate ideas and meanings, and make images and artefacts, combining and organising visual and tactile qualities to suit their intentions.
Level 5: They manipulate materials and processes to communicate ideas and meanings and make images and artefacts, matching visual and tactile qualities to their intentions. (DfEE (1999b p33)
NC ICT Level Descriptors
Introductory Lesson Resources: